Eta-com UK - Cast-Resin Insulated Busway Systems
Low / Medium Voltage - Cast Resin Busbar Type - Features & Ratings - Betobar-r
betobar-r – High Quality Production
The “betobar-r” busbars have been developed as a modern, all-purpose means of efficient and safe transmission of electrical energy. It has been in manufacture for more than thirty-five years. The “betobar-r” system complies with all the requirements for current distribution at low and medium voltage.
The busbar consists of copper or aluminium conductors, embedded in an enclosure of a fire retardant, self-extinguishing and homogeneous insulation mix based on epoxy cast-resin with mineral fillers ensuring high mechanical strength and chemical withstand.
Standard types are available for current ratings + 6300 A and voltage ratings up to 17.5 kV. Systems for higher current ratings or DC applications are possible. The busbar line consists of a number of prefabricated elements. The electrical joining of the conductors is achieved by means of double fish plates and high tensile steel bolts.
The junctions and the element ends are overcast with the same insulation mix as used for the elements. In this way an integral insulating enclosure IP66/IP68 is guaranteed over the full length of the busbar run. Straight junctions and also elbow junctions are available each facilitating installation adjustments of 0-20 mm per standard junction.
“betobar-r” busbars are suitable for application in large buildings, industrial plants, power stations, sub-stations and data centres, such as:
- Factory distribution of low & medium voltage power
- Rising mains with tap-offs to sub-distribution boards in high rise buildings
- Transformer switchboard connections
- Main switchboard feeders to distribution panels
- Generator & large motor connections
- Long lines with low voltage drop
- 400 Hz distribution systems
Extensive Element Range
The “betobar-r” busway system is available in a wide range of standard element shapes, forms and lengths, all of which are fabricated to suit the typical project requirements.
- Straight element
- Elbow elements, horizontal & vertical
- Thermal expansion compensation elements
- Tailor-made terminal elements for transformer or generator & switchboard connection “betobar-r”
- Z (double elbow) & T elements
- Flanged terminal elements
- Tap-off facilities and phase-transfer elements
PH-types are designed for a maximum voltage of 17.5 kV. In areas open to the public and if the type has no screening, the voltage level is limited to 7.2 kV.
All technical data specified, such as current ratings and temperature rise, insulation resistance, voltage and short circuit withstand, have been certified in accordance with international standards (IEC, VDE or BS) by the independent testing stations KEMA, LABORELEC, LCIE. Assembled elements with cast junctions were submitted for typetesting.
- Compact dimensions
- Simple installation
- Low voltage drop & high short-circuit withstand capacity
- Degree of protection IP66/IP68 for Low Voltage & IP66/IP67 for Medium Voltage busways as per IEC 60529
- High mechanical impact strength of IK10 as per DIN52453 & IEC 62262
- Fire proof property: tested for 750°C for 3 hours as per IEC 60331-21 tested for 850°C for 2 hours as per pre-BS 7346
- Self-extinguishing insulation as per IEC 60332-3-10
- Fire wall bushings of S90 & S120 in accordance with EN1366-3 & NBN 713.020
- Fire retardant bushings A90 for normal fire
- H60 for hydrocarbon fire in offshore applications
- Electrical continuity E30-E120 finishing available under fire conditions as per DIN 4102-12
- EMC compatible (for sensitive environment)
- Insulation level of class 'B', 130°C
- Explosion proof: ATEX & IEC Ex certified on request
- Excellent resistance to atmospheric pollution & wide range of chemicals
Click the PDF image to view the technical information in full