Carlo Gavazzi UK - Energy Management / Metering Equipment
Energy Management - Metering Equipment - Energy Meter - VMU-C
Energy Management Energy Meter Type EM21 72V
Three-phase energy meter with removable front LCD display unit.
The same unit can be used either as a DIN-rail mounting or panel mounting energy meter.
This general purpose three-phase energy meter is suitable for both active and reactive energy metering for cost allocation, as well as for main electrical parameter measurement and retransmission (transducer function).
Housing for DIN-rail mounting with IP50 (front) protection degree.
Current measurements are carried out by means of external split core current sensors with 0.333V output while voltage measurements are carried out either by means of direct connection or by means of potential transformers.
EM21-72V is provided, as standard, with a pulsating output for active energy retransmission.
In addition, the 2-wire RS485 communication port is available as an option.
- Easy connections management & detachable display
- Multi-use housing: for both DIN-rail & panel mounting applications
- Equivalent to Class 1 (kWh) of EN62053-21
- Equivalent to Class 2 (kVArh) of EN62053-23
- Accuracy ±0.5% RDG (current/voltage)
- Instantaneous variables readout: 3 DGT
- Energies readout: 7 DGT
- System variables: W, var, PF, Hz, phase-sequence
- Single phase variables: VLL, VLN, A, PF
- Energy measurements: total kWh & kVArh
- TRMS measurements of distorted sine waves (voltages/currents)
- One pulsating output (opto-mosfet)
- RS485 serial output (on request) (MODBUS-RTU), iFIX
- SCADA compatibility
- Self-power supply
- Dimensions: 4-DIN modules & 72x72mm
- Protection degree (front): IP50
- Application adaptable display & programming procedure (Easyprog function)
Energy Management Integrated Web-Based Solution for Energy Management Type VMU-C
VMU-C is a combination of modules which performs the monitoring of an Energy Management installation.
The core unit is VMU-C gathering data from up to 32 energy meters; the meters can be both AC or DC meters.
In addition to the data-logging, it also performs the management of local or remote (via VMU-M) VMU-O “I/O unit” and/or VMU-P “Environment variable unit” and provides an FTP push functionality.
VMU-C can also provide, by means of the VMU-O modules, relay alarm contacts and digital inputs (e.g. for status indication to sense the tripping of an automatic switch).
The VMU-W unit has the task of transmitting, with wireless modem technology, all the data when a wired LAN or Internet access is not available.
The FTP push function enables an FTP based communication from VMU-C to an external FTP server (owned by the enduser), to transmit in a simple and standard way a predefined set of data (using CVS format).
In this case, data is gathered and logged by VMU-C from the energy meters and VMU modules in the field and, following a schedule or a trigger, is grouped into a file and uploaded to the defined FTP server.
The upload action is repeated in case of failure.
In addition to the protocol, VMU-C can communicate data in M2M (machine to machine) scenario also via HTTP protocol.
- Integrated modular local monitoring system for Energy Management plants based on Webserver & FTP/push capability
- Up to 8 DIN modules configuration equivalent to 140mm width
- VMU-C EM can manage on RS485 bus up to 32 Energy Meters or Power Analysers
- VMU-C EM can manage on local bus 1 VMU-W modem unit
- VMU-C EM can manage on local bus up to 4 VMU units & up to 10 VMU-M based arrays on RS485 bus
- Any VMU-M based arrays can manage up to max 1 VMU-P unit & max 3 VMU-O unit
Click the PDF image to view the technical information in full