Vertiv (formerly Emerson Network Power)
- History Timeline
A brief history of Vertiv, dating back to the late 1800s.
- 1891 - Chloride Electrical is founded in Manchester, England, by William Mather, a pioneer in the new electrical technology.
- 1945 - Chloride becomes a global leader in battery technology and sets up its first plant in Asia.
- 1960 - The Chloride Electrical Storage Company Limited is a holding company with an authorized capital of £7.5M. The company has 35 subsidiaries in the UK and 22 overseas.
- 1968 - Chloride Group receives the Queen's Award to Industry for Export Achievement.
- 1978 - Chloride acquires Coredel, specialized in power conversion systems (chargers, rectifiers, UPS).
- 1980s - Chloride Group starts its diversification by focusing its activity on power electronics (mostly UPS).
- 1987 - Chloride Group acquires Powerline Group (UK), specialized in power supplies and UPS distribution.
- 1989 - The Chloride Power Electronics is created around 4 product lines: Office, Computer, Industrial, Oneac.
- 1991 - Chloride Group obtains ISO 9001 Certification
- 1993 - Chloride launches the very innovative LIFE program (Long-distance Insurance For Energy).
- 1998 - Chloride France becomes Chloride Industrial Systems
- 2000 - Chloride Group acquires Masterguard, the power protection division of Siemens AG.
- 2005 - Agreement to invest in the Indian-based company DB Power in order to increase presence in the region.
- 2007 - Chloride Group acquires Masterpower Ltd (Aberdeen, UK)
- 2009 - Chloride strengthens its position in the Energy sector with 3 acquisitions: Custom Power, Emergency Power Systems and AEES.
- 2010 - Emerson Electric acquires Chloride.
- 2012 - Consolidation of Chloride France SA and AEES SA legal entities to become Vertiv Industrial Systems. Chloride and AEES are now product brands.
- 2015 - Vertiv were awarded the Datacentre Energy Efficient Product of the Year at the 2015 DCS Awards in EMEA for its Liebert EFC system.
George Curl Way
Visit our website: