Telling Architectural - Building Facades Terracotta Rainscreens
Terracotta Cladding - Rainscreen Cladding - Facades - Ceramic - Porcelain - GRC
Telling Architectural offers market leading expertise in the innovative design of rainscreen façades and GRC wall panels.
Rainscreen Façades & GRC Concrete
Distributing a range of systems in the UK, Ireland, Scandinavia and North America, we offer an unequalled level of technical expertise and advisory services including structural calculations, budgets, conceptual and project design.
Partnering with selected European manufacturers, our activities embrace terracotta, ceramic, natural and ultra compact stone, GRC, porcelain, laminate panels, brick and glass rainscreens.
Telling Architectural offers design, project supervision and management services when requested.
Our Terracotta Rainscreens are manufactured by Argeton whose range was significantly expanded under the acquisition by Wienerberger. Tiles can be mounted either horizontally or vertically with a BBA certificate secured.
Porcelain from leading European manufacturers enable larger formats to be created up to 1.50 x 3.0 metres and are sourced from Graniti Fiandre, Imola, Kale and Ariostea.
Airtec lightweight concrete panels faced with natural stone and glass by Alsecco (UK) Ltd offer an exciting dimension to our services.
GRC wall panels are manufactured at our Wolverhampton plant under ISO9001. Natural aggregate finishes, brick facings and geo polymer inorganic finishes create a leading position for our company in architectural façades.
Cumella Ceramics create bespoke and exclusive solutions for façades in natural and glazed finishes without equal in Europe.
All systems utilise the proven principle of the ventilated cavity, creating condensation free and thermally efficient claddings suited to modern architecture.
The natural beauty and symmetry of the façades lies in the precise, clean lines achieved without overlapping. These readily interface with curtain walling, glazing and other cladding to provide flexibility of design within an individual style.
What is GRC
Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete (GRC) has been established in architecture for over 40 years. It is a thin walled, lightweight composite concrete with excellent flexural capacity. These aspects of its material properties have enabled bespoke and creative façades to be designed, manufactured and installed.
Telling manufactures GRC under a technology license agreement with Byggimpuls AS to the exacting and award winning Scandinavian standards that have applied for 25+ years.
Telling GRC is a process that creates a bespoke façade within the following design criteria:
- An individual, original & daring statement in façade architecture
- A monolithic & solid façade geometry for architecture in lightweight & practical components
- A façade imposing less loadings on the structure in comparison to pre-cast concrete or reconstituted stone solutions
- Pre-formed corners, returns, soffits & curves with sweeping aesthetics as part of the desired solution
- Significant cantilever potential with secondary support structures engineered to accommodate the applied loads
- A mineral surface & colour that has natural variation
- Brick or natural stone finished using geo polymer technology
- Facilitate hidden rain water collection & services behind the façade
- Seamless interfacing with external balcony features & other architectural features within the façade solution
- Varied options in surface relief & pattern creation
Natural minerals provide the aesthetic from smooth faced natural clay tile, ‘structured’ or glazed ceramic, polished or matt porcelain, multi coloured glass, textural and decorative GRC, natural and composite stone and glazed or natural brick. Building corners and linings to windows can be prefabricated monolithically, mitred or created with powder coated aluminium pods. Our façades are suitable for refurbishment, new construction upon most backgrounds and as unitised units for off-site.
Design & Planning
Standard sections and details assist the designer in the selection of appropriate interface details with REVIT and BIM systems under development. Structural calculations for the support structure, wind speeds and static loadings are undertaken by our in-house engineers. Calculations are project specific, particularly in refurbishment, where the age and fabric condition are assessed for structural integrity.
Our technical input and design support reduce the workload and responsibilities on the consultant/contractor in interfacing and programming. The services offered include:
- Electronic CAD Downloads in DXF & DWG Formats
- RIBA CPD’s for Rainscreens & GRC Façades
- Design & CONDAM Evaluation
- Management & Design Coordination
- Planning & Budgetary Advice
- Maintenance Manuals
- Installation Training & Site Supervision
- Approved List of Contractors (Job Specific)